Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Heart Uma


Those of you who know me know that I have a massive non-sexual crush on Uma Thurman. I'm not sure why. I like that's she's pretty in a weird way, or weird in a pretty way. I like that she does weird movies. I like that she was the Bride in Kill Bill; I cannot imagine anyone else in that role. Angelina would have been too s*xual for it. Jennifer Garner not believable. But Uma rocked that house in a big way. I liked her interview last week in Parade magazine where she said the following regarding the demise of her marriage to Ethan Hawke, who supposedly cheated on her and her two children: "I cannot participate in anything critical about my children's father. I just need to keep peace. I think it's fair to say that I haven't said one mean thing, and I'm not going to start now. It's terrible for my family."

That is more class than I would probably be able to muster in the same situation. Although, in the words of the writer of HecklerSpray.com who said this about the article:

"And as soon as Uma Thurman started on her kids, she invited questions about the breakup of her marriage to Ethan Hawke. Ethan and Uma were together for five years before separating in 2003, and they have two children together. For years there have been rumours, never fully explained, that one of them might have cheated on the other one. Now she's back in magazines, this would have been the perfect opportunity to stick the boot into Ethan. But did she? Did she bollocks..."

"Screw your family, Uma, think about US."

Love that!

No comments: