Monday, October 25, 2004

My Crushes: Fat Elvis

...well, actually Fat Simon.

As a teenager in the late 80's I always laughed derisively at those middle-aged women who loved Tom Selleck and who continued the inexplicable practice of throwing their dainties at Neil Diamond. I could never figure out how these mothers and wives and otherwise upstanding members of the Junior League were coming undone over some overweight sweaty middle-aged dude who sang "oldies."

Oh Dear.

I find myself all atwitter at the recent reunion of Duran Duran IN ITS ORIGINAL LINEUP!! I am so excited about it that I would be lying if declared that I had not pondered the now-distinct possibility that I might frighteningly turn into one of those women throwing my La Perlas at Simon LeBon while my husband stays home with my completely-grossed-out kids.

Short Story Long: I have seen the future, and she is me.

No comments: