Monday, April 07, 2008

Sign of the Apocalypse: The Bat Mitzvah Brazilian

Oh and speaking of kids who need protection, let's discuss those whose worst enemies seem to be their own parents. I give you: an article on the wealthy among us who are taking their pre-teen daughters for "spa" services such as bikini waxes.

Now, I'm trying to clean things up a little after registering a Mom-Chagrining 7.1% on Vigilante's Cuss-O-Meter, but this needs to be said: That sh*t is f*cked up.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/pretty_babies/page1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wimp. We got 10%.

And the article is appalling. But as a husband under spousal pressure to become a metrosexual that sort of thing is useful. Every time the wife pulls out the "you should get a manicure -- men do!" I can retort with "you're encouraging the culture that led to Jon Benet Ramsey."

Utah Savage said...

I say Barbie's to blame for everything.

Commander Zaius said...

None of y'all can beat my 44.1% on the cuss-O-meter. But onto the subject at hand, a few years ago when I heard rich parents, this was in California, were giving boob job upgrades to their sixteen year old daughters I thought the story was a hoax. This story makes me want to find some village in some quiet spot in central America or the Indian Ocean coast of Australia. We are not so slowly creating a nation of Paris Hiltons and George W. Bushs.

Utah Savage said...

Beach, I left you an invite to immigrate on someone's blog. Might be Vig's.

Utah Savage said...

Sorry e. I sometimes forget that just because I saw Vig here and remembered I wanted to leave him a message at his home doesn't make it all right to tell him in your living room. I get to feeling so cozy with you that I think it's like I dropped by for coffee with you and there sits Vig. Hows the bambina? Please please don't let her have that mind warping hardbody Barbie.

Vigilante said...

I think it's diagnostic that Ken doesn't show us his blog. He has no bragging rights, is what I say