Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Festival of Fights

Here's a great link to the NYPost reporting on a hate crime against some Jewish people on the subway, wherein the only person who stepped in to help was a Muslim. He said, "That's just how my parents raised me." You'll also enjoy the fact that one of the attackers said that Hanukkah is when the "Jews killed Jesus." I've always found racists to be rather stupid in general, so this ludicrous statement comes as no surprise; and if it wasn't in a story about people getting beaten up for wishing someone a Happy Chanukah it would make me laugh hysterically. As it is, one of the attackers claimed that it can't be a hate crime (even though the terms Jew Bitches and dirty Jews were used) because his mother is Jewish. Also, he has only been charged in another case of attacking African Americans, so the "hate crime thing [in this instance] is ridiculous," as if one somehow negates the other. The best part, however, is this: Jirovec will soon begin serving six months for his role in the attack against four men in Gerritsen Beach. "I'm trying to stay out of trouble," he said. "When I get out, I want to go into the military."
Good luck with that.
nypost

No comments: