I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun. Be sure to reciprocate. I tell you mine, you tell me yours. ;)
10) I can speak and read Arabic. At the first grade level.
منزلي. Bayti. My house.
أسود Aswad. Black.
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Bismalah ar-rahman ar-rahim al hamdu lillahi rabb il alamin ar-rahman ar-rahim Maliki yowm ad-Deen. First four lines of the Surat al-fatiha, the opening of the Koran.
That's about all I got for ya.
9) I love country music. Especially old school: George Jones, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn. It reminds me of Scottish country music; fiddles, whoops and hollers, etc. Although, we don't have many jukeboxes in Scotland...
8) I would have promiscuous sex with Ewan McGregor if he asked nicely. I wouldn't even require dinner and a show.
7) I have a theme tune. 1990's one hit wonder "Ya Gotta Be" by Des'ree. "Ya gotta be bad, ya gotta be bold, ya gotta be wiser, ya gotta be hard, ya gotta be tough, ya gotta be stronger, ya gotta be cool, ya gotta be calm, ya gotta stay together. All I know, all I know is love will save the day..."
6) I never found John Kennedy, Jr. attractive. I know: apostasy in the USA. But he just never did it for me.
5) I secretly wish I was Annie Lennox.
4) I always cry when I hear the Leonard Cohen song "Hallelujah." As well as the Jeff Buckley cover.
3) I always feel fat. I was a fat kid, and if you were one too you know that the fat kid never leaves you, even when the fat itself does. Every time I look in the mirror I see a fat 6th grade girl, and I have to talk myself down from it. Every every every day.
2) I once kissed my best friend's boyfriend just because I could. And even though it was high school and high schoolers do that sort of thing and she and I haven't talked in years and she's married to someone else with kids and she never found out that her boyfriend was all over me at a party and I (see "always feeling fat even though I am thin" reference above) couldn't believe such a cute guy liked me since really cute guys always liked her more than me, I still feel like the biggest a**hole in the universe for having done it. Being 16 was no excuse. My mama raised me better than that.
1) During my freshman year of college, I had a three-hour makeout session with a guy at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland whose name I now cannot recall. I know! My "skank ho" factor just went up about three notches, didn't it?! Rupert? Rudyard? Reginald? I want to say it was one of those English-y R names. But not "roger." THAT I make a point of remembering the names. (Look up "roger" in the UK if you don't get that last comment). My defense is that I had just won a bottle of Moet champagne at my dorm Christmas party and I contend that my unsolicited kiss of the rather dashing English R Chap was less a skank ho moment and more a Robert Doisneau-sailor-kissing-the-nurse-on-D-Day moment. Only, the moment lasted about 180 moments...
So there you go. Your turn. Even if you can only churn out 5.