Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Doing the Right Thing

I've had a raging migraine all day that at long last will not relent, so I'm going to bed right now to hopefully sleep it off. Before I do, I want to link to a wonderful piece by Ta-Nehisi Coates on Barack Obama's grandparents, lauding ordinary people for doing the right thing. It's appropriate as Obama flies to Hawaii to see his ailing grandmother, and poignant in that she may not live to see what November 4th holds for the grandson she helped raise. What struck me--and what may strike you--is how much he looks like his grandfather, especially in the eyes and face shape. It's perhaps more striking because of his grandfather's young age in the photo. In any case, this is a nice piece on doing the right thing.

http://ta-nehisicoates.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/10/i_hope_this_is_in_good_taste.php

No comments: