Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Blog Post Has a First Name; It's O-S-C-A-R

Some thoughts from the Oscars:

How cute is Ellen DeGeneres? I completely love her and her style of humor. I think I want to be her when I grow up. After I'm Annie Lennox. But before I'm Rita Moreno.

Daniel Craig: Ought to win the Oscar for Best Hotness

Helen Mirren: I've never noticed, perhaps due to the roles she selects, that she is actually a very beautiful woman.

They should give an extra minute to people whose first language is not English. That would, of course, include any Scottish people in the audience...

The "Sound Effects Choir" features about 40 people who apparently are capable of beatboxing sound effects to movies, such as airplanes, waves, cars, bugs and whatnot. I'm just gonna say this: watching people wave their tongues Gene Simmons-style in order to sound like fish in water in a children's movie is disturbing on multiple levels. There's a reason why sound effects aren't visual effects, people! Next time let's hope they opt for an interpretive dance.

How about Alan Arkin winning?! LOVE that! I know he's been around for donkey's years, but my first movie experience with him was in an uncredited role as the police captain in So I Married an Axe Murderer.







A surprise performance by Miss Celine Dion! Um, can we have the Sound Effects Choir back, please?

In an final note, my favorite joke of the night was Ellen saying, "without blacks, gays and Jews, there would be no Oscars...and no one named Oscar either."

And with that, now that it's past 11pm, I'm going to wrap this up in the hopes that the Oscar telecast will follow suit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left out the BEST part...that dance troupe that morphed into Oscar and symbols of the year's notable movies (pitchfork-heeled shoe from Prada, the firing gun from The Departed)! They should be invited back every year.