Saturday, April 09, 2005

For Your Delectation and Delight

Sorry about the total lack of posting. It has not been by choice, but by virtue of blogger being non-functional for a couple of days. GRRRRR!!!!!!

In the meantime, I thought you might be interested to visit the following sites that I look at every day. As always, the opinions therein reflect the views of the author and not necessarily those of SSHaggis.

First: www.dubiousquality.blogspot.com.
Genius at work, is all I can say. Written by the inimitable Bill Harris, this site is my first stop of every day. Mixed in with discussions of gaming are some truly singular, yet universal, stories about his wife and son that will make you laugh out loud.

Second: http://nytimesweddings.blogspot.com/2005/03/baumer.html
My dear lovely girl J from Annapolis hooked me up with this site, and it has been off to the races ever since. The author of this blog deconstructs those smarmy, annoying, self-indulgent wedding announcements in The New York Times to great effect. For those of you who blush easily, the language can be salty; but the content is just my kind of poke in the eye to people who really think it relevant to list their grandparents' occupations in their wedding announcements.

Third: http://www.slate.com/id/2116346/
Dear Prudence rocks. She has the propriety of Miss Manners and the cojones of Dr. Ruth. I LOVE Dear Prudence, and so should you.

Enjoy!

No comments: