Sunday, February 20, 2005

I'm Phoning This One In

Y'all. I ain't feelin' it today, so I am offering up the last resort of the writer's blocked: Quotes. Yup. Quotes. A little something for you to read, but nothing I've had to write on my own. Maybe I should re-spin this to be more of a "compiled by SSHaggis," but I think you'd see right through that. Anyway, enjoy. And happy president's day.

(I do promise that none of these quotes are by eminent quotees like Anne Coulter or Bob Dornan; this is a family blog after all.)

Love cures people, both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.
Dr. Karl Menninger

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that...
George Carlin

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue.
Alice Duer Miller


Never judge someone by who he's in love with; judge him by his friends. People fall in love with the most appalling people. Take a cool, appraising glance at his pals.

Cynthia Heimel

People need loving the most when they deserve it the least.
John Harrigan

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.
Dave Barry

I don't believe in an after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
Woody Allen

Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.
John Kenneth Galbraith

No comments: