Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Smorgasbord: I'm a pimply-faced 32 year-old

I need some help, ladies. Am I the only one who is breaking out regularly at the age of 32? I thought the dark days of zits were behind me back when I stopped wearing high-top reeboks, wearing two pairs of socks on the outside of my pants, getting giddy about Simon Le Bon, and thinking that Slippery When Wet was one of the best rock albums ever made. Oh wait...I still think SWW is one of the best rock albums ever made...

Irregahdless! (my favorite Massachusetts nonsense exclamation). I hit 31 and the zits started creeping back. And now, as I round third base in this, my 32nd year, I am once again tackling an overabundance of comedones. It is so embarrassing. I feel like one of the geeks in 16 Candles; all I need is some headgear and a desire to see Molly Ringwald's "underpants" to make the transformation complete.

I used to work remotely for a company based in Charleston, SC, which I visited about 4 times a year. Without exception, I had a chin zit EVERY SINGLE TIME I went to Charleston. It's like it would sprout specifically in honor of the occasion. So, to this day, if you were to ask one of my former colleagues to describe me, they'd probably say something like "petite, blond, energetic woman with perma-zit on her chin." Niiiice.

Short Story Long: Ain't puberty a b**ch?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try applying a thin layer of alcohol-free toner or Johnson's baby lotion (or other high water content lotion- no fancy brand required) before you apply your powder or foundation. The moisture your skin retains from the lotion will gradually diminish the sebaceous glands' instinct to produce extra oils and ultimately clear your skin entirely! -JLL

Anonymous said...

Dean and Deluca in NYC used to sell this great face lotion that was just wonderful for the skin. I can't think of the name just now, but I'll post again if it comes to me . . . .