Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Annual Thanksgiving Post

After reading Christopher Hitchens' piece in today's Wall Street Journal on the ecumenical and universal national joy that is Thanksgiving, I figured I'd do a quickie post on Why I Love Thanksgiving. Please add your own to this non-exhaustive list:

1. Three words: Crispy Turkey Skin. I loves me my turkey cracklin'.
2. No need to awkwardly say anything like, "Um, I don't mean to be difficult but I'm Jewish, so I don't feel comfortable participating in the christmas tree ornament exchange..."
3. Even immigrants do it.
4. Food, folks and football!
5. It's the only time when you can legitimately walk around in front of grandma with your pants unbuttoned
6. Only holiday where it is acceptable to feed your kids marshmallow-covered food for dinner.
7. "Taking a break" from eating and then coming back when you've made extra room is entirely acceptable behavior.

I'm sure there are more but I've gotta do some work. Add some of your own and help me out!

No comments: