Tuesday, August 16, 2005

SSH ISO PERSON FOR HOT BOOK-ON-BOOK ACTION

Are you game?

I started reading What I Saw At The Revolution by Peggy Noonan. It's an old book, part personal memoir, part hagiography of Ronald Reagan, part college sophomore creative writing class project.

What I'm trying to say is that I can't take it anymore. I tried. I really, really tried. I wanted to read something by someone with whom I generally always disagree and with whom I do not identify in any way.

Check and Check.

But now I can't finish the book. I just cannot take what little free time I have to read any more of this drivel. The only thing is: I don't know how it ends. Does Reagan go on to become a beloved figure in American politics?! Does the Reagan Revolution stand the test of time, like The New Deal? Does Peggy Noonan work again? OMG! I have to know!

So here's my deal. If you will read the rest of The Noonan Papers I will read whatever other publication you are having trouble finishing. Any ideology. Any person. But not p*rn. And, on the other side of the cultural garbage continuum, not anything that gives money to the Dobson Focus on the Family organization.

Anyone? Bueller? I'll even pay for the postage.

No comments: