Thursday, February 12, 2009

We Are The Losers

Day after the stimulus passes and the big talk is who won and who lost. Now, I'm not naive. I studied politics, worked in it, I get it. But this just pisses me off. I don't give a fuck if Nancy Pelosi feels blindsided or if Eric Cantor is now a GOP rising star. This entire process was one big exercise in dick swinging by our elected leaders in Washington. Grandstanding, pontificating, and blowharding by every one of them. It's easy to see who in America has not been affected one bit by the economic collapse: they all have a job, a gym membership, paid health insurance, and who knows what all other kinds of insulation from the winds that buffet lesser mortals like us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! But I read somewhere recently that the gym - at least for the House folks cost $250 a month, and is pretty antiquated (locker rooms anyway). My gym is much less, and I think, wicked nice.