Monday, January 12, 2009

Judenfrei By Choice

I'm reading with increasing alarm of the upsurge in anti-semitic attacks in Europe in the wake of the Israeli offensive against Hamas. It is disturbing to say the least, especially since "peace" activists constantly complain that criticism of Israel is conflated with anti-semitism. Hello, morons. Criticizing Israel isn't antisemitic, but yelling "Gas the Jews!" is. So if you hold a rally where a good number of people are yelling things about "Jews" when you claim to be protesting Israel (a nation, I remind you, comprised of citizens of several religions or no religion at all), I'm calling bullshit on your mock dismay.

But not to worry, fellow Jews of Europe. I'm sure the authorities there will protect you from harm, or at the very least simply do their jobs. Or...maybe not. This video shows German police forcibly removing the Israeli flag from a person's window because it was "inciting" the pro-Hamas mob in the street below. German police acceding to the demands of a mob, rather than dealing with the mob itself. Hmmm... I'd be buying my family's ticket out of there TODAY. You can call me a fantasist if you want, but when the uniformed police of a country can enter your home and forcibly remove your property because it offends someone else--especially a rabble that hates your religion--the writing is on the wall. I wouldn't let the door hit my ass on the way out.


The story from the apartment owner: Today, 10.000 people demonstrated against Israel here in my hometown Duisburg (Germany) and to express their solidarity with Hamas. So, my girlfriend and me put two Israel flags out of the windows of our flat in the 3rd floor. During the demonstration which went through our street the police broke into our flat and removed the flag of Israel. The statement of the police was to de-escalate the situation, because many youth demonstrators were on the brink of breaking into our apartment house. Before this they threw snowballs, knifes and stones against our windows and the complete building. We both were standing on the other side of the street and were shocked by seeing a police officer standing in our bedroom and opening the window to get the flag. The picture illustrate this situation. The police acquiesced in the demands of the mob.

No comments: