Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Mashup

Some stuff for you today.

An article in the WSJ about how some of Hillary's "Hillraisers" who are not financially supporting Obama because of his campaign's perceived indifference to the media's sexist treatment of Hillary during the campaign. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121539354782631403.html
Hello? What of the Clinton campaign's indifference to (and often complicity in) pushing smears about Obama? He's not a Muslim "as far as I know"? "Reverend Wright would not have been my pastor"? Gimme a break. This is whinery, pure and simple. From a bunch of ladies who backed a candidate who lost. A candidate in millions of dollars of debt whom Obama is apparently assisting in retiring said debt. This is nonsense. Especially when you consider that 115 of them have now made donations to the McCain campaign. Nice. Back when Obama hired Patti Solis Doyle, some unnamed Clinton supporter called it "the biggest F-You in political history." Really? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that financially supporting a candidate diametrically opposed to everything your supposed political heroine stands for pretty much takes that cake. If I were Hillary Clinton, I'd feel betrayed by these "supporters," many of whom seem to be acting on their own issues rather than Hillary's. (Carly Fiorina, I'm talking to you).

Next up, Jesse Helms. I didn't want to write about him because--for the love of God--who wants to say one word more than necessary about such a man? And I have to kiss my child with this mouth. But I have been stunned by the level of respect accorded this unrepentant racist in the name of conservatism. "But he was a good conservative," he funded this or that important project. Great. Hitler made the trains run on time. The final epitaph to Jesse Helms should be--must be--that he had hate in his heart for other human beings, fellow American citizens. A hate that permeated his every action.
This man whistled Dixie while in an elevator with Carol Mosely Braun, just to be nasty.
He said, "Mr. Clinton better watch out if he comes down here. He'd better have a bodyguard."
He said, "There is not one single case of AIDS in this country that cannot be traced in origin to sodomy."
And: "I've been portrayed as a caveman by some. That's not true. I'm a conservative progressive, and that means I think all men are equal, be they sl*nts, b**ners or n***ers."
Call me crazy, but there is no policy you can enact, no conservative principles you supposedly uphold that should somehow negate the fact that you hold that type of hate in your heart. Conservatives shouldn't be so proud to call Helms one of their own. And now, let's let him and his hatred die off, never to be spoken of again.

Next, an article over at G-A-Y about how the American Family Association is set to boycott McDonalds because--get this--one of their VP's has agreed to serve on the board of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. How stupid is that boycott?
http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/2008/07/exlcusive-afa-t.html
I might just have to eat there twice a week to counteract these freaks.

Okay. More later.

1 comment:

Utah Savage said...

God you can write. And I'm with you every step of the way. Great post. I was actually surprised to hear helms had died. I thought he'd been dead for a decade or so. He was a nasty pimple on the ass of America. Good riddance Jessy.