Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Hanukkah Music

Bambina and I are committed to coming up with some cool songs for Hanukkah. She would like one "as good as Let it Snow." So we're working on it. In the meantime, here is a cool one, all the way from Jerusalem, to the tune of "Hey Ya." My favorite line? "Oy is just Yo backwards."

http://www.unlikelywords.com/2009/11/29/hanukkah-flash-mob/

In other, equally-exciting Judaic news, Orrin Hatch has just penned a Hanukkah song! I do not kid you on this. Enjoy, via Oliver Willis: http://www.oliverwillis.com/2009/12/08/orrin-hatch-writes-hanukkah-song/ The only thing that would make it better would be Orrin singing it himself.

5 comments:

Utah Savage said...

Orrin the Morrmin pens a Hanukkah song and he tries to take reproductive rights away from women thus turning back the clock to olden times. How festive.

Glad to hear you two are celebrating in such fine style.

Unknown said...

Did you already teach her the snow version of the dreidel song?

cocot said...

i put it in my pocket...

E said...

What is the snow version of the dreidel song?! Tell me!!! :)

Unknown said...

cocot knows it.

Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel
I made it out of snow
I put it in my pocket
Now where'd my Dreidel go!