Sunday, January 10, 2010

Breaking News: A Comparison



*Sigh* Anderson Cooper is bumming me out again, and not this time because he refuses to consider me as a viable candidate for long-term commitment. The other night I was flipping between CNN and BBC World News. On CNN, their Breaking News segment featured a report on suicidal animals. I can't even find the link now, which perhaps indicates how totally without merit the report was.

At the same time, the BBC was reporting that a bus full of soccer players from Togo were ambushed in Angola. This is news for several reasons, not the least of which is that it discusses terrorism and security of the players leading up to the World Cup in South Africa. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8449319.stm

I'm no giant fan of the BBC. But you know, if you think you're better served by reports on lemming-like behavior in the animal kingdom rather than on-the-ground acts of terrorism against humans, you go on with your CNN.

That said, Anderson, you can still call me.

No comments: